BOOK CLUB 06 | PRESENT OVER PERFECT

2.17.2018



NO MORE PERFECTION 

Present over Perfect is a book geared to those who are needing to find rest, take a breather from their hustle and bustle, and become present in the moment God is using us. This book has helped me in SO many ways! I think we can all struggle with keeping an image of being perfect in order to be accepted. But that is such a lie! The writing and wisdom behind every concept is what I love the most in this book. Shauna Neiqust talks a lot about how God is suppose to be the center of everything, and how relying on Him is truly the only way.

So because I could go on and on about how amazing it is, let me point out my top 10 favorite quotes + sayings which can hopefully help you all too (whether or not you've read the book).


1. "I want to run you through my to-do list, partially because I want you to feel it, to feel as tired and glazed and undone as I feel. But also because I don't want you to think I'm weak."

2. "When we try to strive for perfection; "If I push enough, I will feel whole. I will feel proud, I will feel happy. What I feel, though, is exhausted and restful, but with well-organized closets."

3. "Oh the things I did to my body and my spirit in order to maintain my reputation as a high-capacity person. Oh, the moments I missed with people I love because I was so very committed to being known as the strongest of the strong. Oh, the quiet moments with God I sacrificed in order to cross a few things off the to-do list I worshiped."

4. Quote by F. Scott Fitzgerald; "I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you are not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

5. "We are all raised to build, build, build. Bigger is better, more is better, faster is better."

6. In the chapter about "disappointing people," Shauna Niequist says this "You get to decide who you're going to disappoint, who you're going to say no to."

7. "We do for Him, instead of being with Him." - side note for myself, be a Mary not a Martha.

8. "What people think about you means nothing in comparison to what you believe about yourself."

9. "If I'm honest, I let words like responsible and capable govern many of my years." - What type of words do you let govern you? 


10. "Owning one's life, for better and for worse, saying out loud, this is who I am, this is who I'm not, this is what I want, this is what I'm leaving behind."

1 comment

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.