ALWAYS BE KIND

1.16.2018


DO I LOOK SHORTER? 

...because I feel shorter.

Unfortunately, words have the power to either build up, or completely shatter someone. Words are real and somethings they truly never leave our mind. They cut deep and know exactly where to leave a sting. 

Last semester, I was approached by someone who proudly wore a smirky grin and used a defensive tone of voice while spilling out accusations against my character and personality. I left that moment shaking. I couldn't remove the sick and uneasy feeling that lived inside of me.  

I left wondering how someone could walk away feeling so empowered in a moment that crushed someone else's soul. How could this person fail to recognize any type of emotion or understanding for others?

I've also had to encounter silence. Pure silence. No harsh words were spoken, but I could hang up the phone feeling as though there were. 

For days I allowed this conversation, and people to put me on edge because it's hurtful. Yet, I have the choice to either walk away and let such an encounter strengthen me, or allow it to change me and become the type of human being these people were to me. These experiences showed me that not every one cares, or knows how to be kind. It takes effort and practice. It isn't easy because kindness requires one to be genuine. 

It's okay to be angry but never to be cruel. So for 2018, my word is to be kind. I desire to be somebody everyone can admire and look up to. This year I wish to value feelings and unique features of others. Because when I truly am kind, I know that I am fulfilling the best part of who I am suppose to be. Kindness can be found in all shapes - spoken words, body language, or even silence. I know that I will find joy by being kind to others, even when they don't deserve it

6 comments

  1. Thank you for sharing this! I've had similar situations happen to me and it's hard to imagine how people can be so mean and they seem so proud of it. It's awful! All we can do is be the light and bring joy to others ourselves to cancel out the negativity that others bring.

    xx Chelsea
    www.organizedmessblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love writing my personal experiences to show we are not alone in this. Thank you for sharing with me, I love receiving such sweet comments. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Augh. YES! I've been there too and it's so debilitating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good reminder. Others' words and actions can have such an impact on us, which SUCKS. Just try and remember to be positive, as our negative thoughts only bring those mean people satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I love that Hannah. Our rude thoughts towards them only makes us more cruel than their original statement to us. :)

      Delete
  4. Enjoyed this little read. People really should be kind, life is too short to be anything but nice. I hope you feel better now! Be confident girl :) Lou x www.loukatherine.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.