TIPS TO GROW YOUR HAIR LONG

7.13.2015



s most of you know my hair is shorter right now, but I thought I'd share some tips on how to grow your hair long like this picture above (before I chopped it;). I really miss my hair being long so I'm using these tips for myself right now. Believe me they work, because I've had my hair grow long like in the photo above, and then chopped it off, and have repeated this cycle about 2-3 times! Maybe one day I'll learn? Short hair is great for a change, but to me there's nothing like long hair!

1. GET LESS TRIMS 
You don't need a trim every 4-6 weeks, wait even longer like 12-16 weeks! It's important to get a haircut but always worrying about your split ends is a waste of time and stops the growth process! If you take good care of your hair, getting a trim won't even be necessary.

2. SAY GOODBYE TO HEAT 
If you avoid heat I promise your hair will grow and become stronger. This is a tip I've seen personally for myself and try really hard not to use it on a daily basis. You can always use heat protecting spray, but then you're just adding more chemicals to your hair.

3. USE COCONUT OIL 
This is my absolute favorite! I will use it after I take a shower. To apply, I make sure my hair is wet and I comb it through with my fingers and then scrunch up your hair. This leaves my hair feeling so soft and shiny throughout the day. I love the way it strengthens my hair, and I can definitely see the growth.

4. AVOID CHLORINE 
Obviously chlorine is horrible for the skin, so naturally for the hair too! If you happen to go swimming try not to get your hair wet, or condition it before and after!

5. USE GOOD PRODUCTS
A key is to use good shampoo, and conditioner! Also, using good heat protectant spray helps tremendously! Harsh chemicals fry your hair and leave slit ends like crazy! When you add any color to your hair you'll see how key this tip really is!

Post a Comment

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.